Third Annual Missouri Telehealth Summit
January 26, 2017
Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
415 West McCarty Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101
Welcome & Introductions – Karen Edison, MD
Keynote Presentation: School-based Telehealth Programs– Julie Hall-Barrow, EdD
MO HealthNet: Telemedicine Regulation and Utilization – Samar Muzaffar
- Understand new MO HealthNet telehealth reimbursement regulations (SB579).
- Discuss telehealth utilization trends in MO HealthNet.
Saint Luke’s eHealth Outreach: Establishing eHealth as a Core Competency in Your Program – Stephen Kropp, MS (Handout)
- Background – Karen Edison, MD (Handout)
- Panel – Kari Martin, MD; Jeremy Krashin; Jay Moore, MD
- Secret Shopper – Karen Edison, MD (Handout)
- Demonstrate the complexities of this emerging telehealth modality.
Lunch (pick up and return to the meeting room)
- Representative Diane Franklin
- Representative Keith Frederick
- Senator Caleb Rowden
- Representative Kip Kendrick
Moderator: Matthew Hanis, Hanisworks; Executive Producer, The Business of Healthcare (Handout)
- Explain how telehealth is changing and improving healthcare in Missouri.
- Discuss how future policy can play a role in supporting telehealth in Missouri.
Show-Me Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO)
- Introduction- Rachel Mutrux (Handout)
- Evaluation – Mirna Becivic, PhD (Handout)
- Tiffany Sanford-Martens, PhD
- Tammy Rood, RN, BSN, CPNP
- John Spivey, MD
- Deb Cook, RN
- Gain insight into the ECHO model and the potential impact of creating interdisciplinary learning collaboratives in Missouri.
The Office of Continuing Education, School of Medicine, University of Missouri is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Office of Continuing Education, School of Medicine, University of Missouri designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
6.6 Contact hour(s) will be awarded to all individuals.
Midwest Multistate Division Provider Number MO1019-7.