Thursday, April 4, 2019
2 – 8:30 p.m. • Columns Club at Faurot Field, Columbia, MO
This course is for family medicine physicians, physical therapists, and athletic trainers
who treat and evaluate athletes and other active populations.
- Understand current concepts, approaches, and research in Sports Medicine.
- Identify resources to implement current clinical trends into your clinical practice.
- Provide evidence based approach to management of meniscal injuries in athletes.
- Identify rotator cuff pathology patterns in athletes.
- Provide best evidence to managing apophyseal injuries in young athletes.
Course Faculty (listed alphabetically):
- Tiffany Bohon, MD – Assistant Professor of Family Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgery
- Lindsey Colbert, DPT – Physical Therapist, Mizzou Therapy Services
- Dave Echelmeyer, MPT, OCS – Physical Therapist, Mizzou Therapy Services
- Aaron Gray, MD – Associate Professor of Family Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgery
- Richard Ma, MD – Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Kathy Maxey, PT, ATC – Physical Therapist, Mizzou Therapy Services
- Seth Sherman, MD – Co-Division Director for Sports Medicine & Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Nathan Skelley, MD – Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dan Slawski, MD – Assistant Adjunct Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pat Smith, MD – Co-Division Director of Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgeon at Columbia Orthopaedic Group
- James Stannard, MD – Hansjorg Wyss Distinguished Chair & Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chief Medical Officer for Clinical Strategic Initiatives
- Luke Stephens, MD – Assistant Professor of Family Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgery
- Brian Toedebusch, MD – Assistant Professor of PM&R & Orthopaedic Surgery
- Katie Williamson, DPT – Clinical Therapy Manager, Mizzou Therapy Services
- Kyle Blecha, LAT, ATC, Coordinator of Sports Medicine Outreach, Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, University of Missouri Health Care
- Bob Schaal, PT, Executive Director of Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, University of Missouri Health Care
- Karen Schmidt, BFA, Senior Media Producer, Office of Continuing Medical Education and Physician Lifelong Learning, University of Missouri