Sharing Prevention Innovations in Cardio-Vascular Disease
Friday, February 1 & Saturday, February 2, 2019 • Hilton St. Louis Airport
Heart Disease and Stroke account for about 30% of all deaths in Missouri and pose a considerable challenge to the health of all Missourians. To provide state-level support to the vision of the national Million Hearts® initiative, a voluntary network of key stakeholders established the Missouri Million Hearts (MO MH) Partnership in 2012. The MO MH partnership is committed to addressing the needs of underserved and high-risk communities burdened by the adverse effects of cardiovascular disease in Missouri. The Third Annual Missouri Million Hearts Conference is a showcase of innovative efforts that align with the mission of the MO MH partnership. The intended audience for the conference includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists, public health officials, health educators, community health workers, community organizations and the general public who are interested in preventing cardiovascular disease and learning about innovative evidence-based strategies designed to ameliorate the burden of heart disease and stroke in their community. Presenters from diverse stakeholder groups will focus on the role of the Healthcare and Public health systems, the community, and the patient in addressing cardiovascular disease and the associated risk factors.
- Recognize ongoing national and local initiatives in the field of cardiovascular prevention and management.
- Describe the mission and goals of the national Million Hearts Initiative and the Missouri Million Hearts Partnership.
- Illustrate opportunities to collaborate with various stakeholders to reduce the burden of heart disease and stroke in their communities.
- Examine and interpret up-to-date guidelines and evidence base for the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular risk factors.
- Identify opportunities to support the Missouri Million Hearts Partnership.
- Discuss the role of various stakeholders involved in addressing the burden of heart disease and stroke.
Missouri Million Hearts Partner Agencies
Center for Continuing Medical Education & Physician Lifelong Learning
MU Sinclair School of Nursing
Kris Kummerfeld, Missouri Million Hearts Coordinator, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Planning Committee – listed alphabetically by last name
- Erica Anderson, MPA, Humana
- Rachelle Bartnick, American Heart Association
- Cynthia Brown, Department of Health & Senior Services
- Anand Chockalingham, MD, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Kathy Davenport, RN, ASN, CPHRM, PLNC, Missouri Primary Care Association
- Shirley Farrah, PhD, RN-BC, MU School of Nursing
- Mary Ann Kimbel, RN, BAM, Primaris
- Julie Lay, American Heart Association
- Kate Lichtenberg, DO, MPH, FAAFP, Missouri Academy of Family Physicians
- Cameron Lindsey, PharmD, BC-ADM, CDE, BCACP, UMKC School of Pharmacy
- Jennifer Newman, RN, BSN, Lake Regional Health System
- Lesley Newton, Humana
- Stephen Njenga, MPH, MHA, CPHQ, CPPS, Missouri Hospital Association
- Gina Oliver, PhD, APRN, MU Sinclair School of Nursing
- Thom Pancella, MU School of Medicine, CME Office
- Rebecca Pauly, MD, UMKC School of Medicine
- Michelle Shikles, MPH, CHES, Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services