August 16-17, 2019
Holiday Inn Executive Center • Columbia, MO
Fellows | Planning Committee | MALTCP | Location | Exhibitors/Sponsorships
To provide health professionals an opportunity to gain knowledge in geriatric medical management, interdisciplinary care, and innovative models of geriatric care delivery.
- Identify risk factors for malnutrition, gain innovative techniques for clinical assessment of nutrition and learn nutrition recommendations in specific disease states.
- Learn techniques to hire, retain and motivate direct care staff who have the skills needed to support aging individuals.
- Learn the most up-to-date information about medical marijuana in the aging population, including indications, safety and efficacy.
- Review the latest information on oral health issues of the frail elderly, including screening, identification, and approach to dental care.
- Identify signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure in older adults as well as learn the appropriate steps in clinical management of congestive heart failure in the frail elderly.
- Dementia: An Interdisciplinary Team Approach to Care
School of Medicine
Department of Family and Community Medicine
Sinclair School of Nursing
School of Social Work
School of Health Professions
Continuing Medical Education & Physician Lifelong Learning
MU Health Care